As we get older we tend to get more and more set in our ways. Being younger is all about living life to the full, but eventually we reach a point where we prefer thing to be more organized and slower. So many of us end up doing the same thing, at the same time each and every day. Then one day we may suddenly wake up and think that there must be more to life than what you are doing.
Well there is, and there are plenty of things that you could be doing regardless of your age or health. The problem is getting motivated , well fear not, read through the rest of this article, and put some or all of the advice into motion, to motivate yourself.
10 SIMPLE WAYS TO MOTIVATE YOURSELF
1. The first thing that you have to do is believe that you want things to change. If you can’t do that then you will not get far. So lie down in a silent room, close your eyes, and concentrate on all the things you would like to do. Set goals in your mind, and believe that they can be achieved regardless of how far fetched they may seem.
2. Make a physical list on paper of what your goals are. Put the easiest at the top of the list. This way you can aim to accomplish them in order of difficulty. You will then find that as you start to cross some off, you will start to motivate yourself.
3. When setting goals, make the first ones easy. Things like tidying up the house, going for a 10 minute walk every day are quick and easy to do. If you have higher goals such as a visit to Las Vegas, then you can set lower goals to get there, such as to save a fixed amount each month.
4. As more and more goals vanish off your list, and they become part of your new life’s routine, then add more. Never let the list shorten, always ensure you have plenty of goals to motivate yourself.
5. Keep another list of your achievements, and if you feel your motivation slacking, read through it to remind you of what can be done.
6. Make as many of your goals fun. If you are going for a walk, listen to some music you like, or better still, put on a comedy sketch, then you will be walking around with a big smile on your face.
7. Sit in the sun whenever you can. This helps you feel better, and can put you in a more positive frame of mind. Remember to use sunscreen though.
8. Fix the number of hours a day the TV will be on and stick to it.
9. Make sure that you do at least one goal a day, even if it is something as simple as cutting the dead flowers off the plants.
10. When you complete a goal, sit down and think of the achievement you have done.
It is not difficult to motivate yourself once you have started, and you will find that the sense of achievement gives you a positive buzz. The hardest part is motivating your mind for the first goal, but once that is done, there should be no stopping you.
Vega Francesca is a psychology graduate from Cal State Los Angeles. She writes for different blogs about mental and self improvement. She is currently working closely with ConsciousInk, a company with the goal to spread positivity through encouragement temporary tattoos.